If you have been reading the blog long enough, you know that my mother passed away almost three years ago. There are so many things I wish I had the chance to ask her, and so many things I wish I knew… including some of the food she made! I would seriously give anything to have homemade chicken soup the way she made it – even my culinary trained husband can’t recreate it.
Mars Bars Squares
2 cups rice krispies cereal
4 Mars bars
1/2 cup butter
1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. Melt butter and Mars bars in the microwave
2. Stir in cereal and pour into a greased 8×8 baking dish
3. Melt chocolate and pour over the top.
4. Refrigerate to set, then cut into squares.
5. Try not to eat them all in one sitting. (This step is the hardest.)
P.S. I sent a few home with a friend, and the next day I received this text: “Those squares were amazing. They had cereal in them so I decided to eat them for breakfast”. I love my friends!