Wait a minute – wasn’t I just basking in the sun on the beach? And now I’m writing this post? How did that happen? Either way, it did, and even though I am missing the warmth of summer, I am VERY excited to share this very big news with you…
The Handmade Halloween contest is back for a second year!
This year, I am joining up with Jill from Create.Craft.Love once again and Amber at Crazy Little Projects to throw a huge Halloween Costume Party and Contest Extravaganza! This is your big chance to strut your stuff and win amazing prizes – and I mean amazing! Just wait until you hear how HUGE the prize package is this year!
What is a Handmade Halloween Party and Contest?
Put together a costume that’s made by you – this could mean that you sew it yourself OR it could mean that you buy the various elements (ie. striped tights, cute flouncy skirt, witch’s hat, and great broom) and put it all together to create a great costume. Take a picture of your handmade costume and be prepared to enter it in our link party that will begin October 11th (on all three blogs) and runs through October 17th. Then, come back on October 18 to vote for your favorite entries and… the winner takes home ALL the prizes!
What are the Prizes?
We’ve got a HUGE prize pack that includes:
- a Ryobi super combo kit
- An assortment of fat quarter packs from The Ribbon Retreat
- A Cricut mini
- The complete line of DecoArt People Paint
- A $50 Pick Your Plum grab box
- A variety pack of vinyl from Expressions Vinyl
How’s that for a prize? You better pull out all the stops if you want to win this one!
Important Dates to Remember:
Link Party: October 11th-October 18th
(You must upload a picture and enter it in the contest between these dates)
Voting: October 19th-25th
(Come back and vote for your favorite costumes-and maybe get ideas for your own costume!)
Winner Announced: October 28th
- Costume must be Handmade (but that includes putting store bought elements together to create something).
- Keep it completely family friendly please.
- One entry per person. You do NOT have to have a blog to enter! Simply link up your costume through Flickr or any photo sharing web service.
- We reserve the right to delete or disqualify any link that does not meet the above criteria.
So, are you ready to party? You’ve got about a month to come up with something great and take some pictures! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!